Hello lovely people of Siyyon!
I know that Siyyon has been inactive for about five months now, aside from your own submissions, which I'm so glad to see that there's still some activity. I have a few bits of news for you today, and while most of it is good news, there is one bit of saddening news. Since Leun stepped down as a mod, I'm now be on my own to provide you with content and will be under more strain to bring you events amongst other things. That being said, I wish to propose some items for your consideration today:
1. At present, Mementos serve little to no purpose, other than to mark what progress you have done in the group, I would like for you to be able to have a use for them other than 'unlocking' other area territories, and I have an idea in mind that would allow you to do that. The idea, at present is that these are to be turned into currency where you can customize your characters away from the default animal design.
-IF this system were put into place, there would be an NPC opening up a shop and offering more features, including but not limited to: Adding colors, teaching you how to embody your elemental prowess, adding another element as a secondary, advancing in this secondary element-- or primary-- if you are not a Faevyn.
-The currency system would not just be limited to events, but to every art piece that you have done thus far and will do in the future (including your reference sheet) Based on the amount of work that you have put forth.
-Your mementos would NOT disappear, you could still use them as accessories on your character as you'd like.
2.Would you like a Skype group to chat in, as an alternative to our old chat rooms and the forum that hasn't been used since 2014? It would be a way for anyone here to get a hold of me if they need anything, and much better than Deviantart since I don't always get messages here.
3. Is there any desire for a suggestion box? I know you all have lovely ideas and I'd love to hear from you all, this can also serve as a way to do a Q&A, though again it wouldn't be as fast as talking to me through skype or discord.
And some news that comes with this:
1. Applying to the group will no longer require you to have your character planned out in advance. This will give people a little more leeway for creation, and time to develop the character at their leisure. At most, the application should have an idea of what you want to bring in to Siyyon. A species that you want to look into, if you want biological sex, however the character identifies gender wise-- essentially I would be looking for a rough draft of your character. Of course if you are really motivated you can have a sketch of your character or a descriptive paragraph if that's more your passion included in the application. I will still be expecting the actual entries to be as close to the real animal as possible, of course accounting for fantastical beasts and beasts that we're not sure of color or other attributes.
2. I will be introducing not one, but two different NPC's, as well as opening up Boska as a place of origin and interaction. One of which is the Boska leader, and one that will open up a new faction. This may go up to three if the system above is implemented, as mentioned previously.
3. I received a promotion at work and am now working full time hours. In light of this, however, since this group does not have a lot of activity, I will not be looking for a mod to replace Leun. I would want a mod who at least has some experience with the world, and know no one better than my members who fit that bill, but by the same coin I also want you to enjoy the world set before you, and make your story... well, yours.